Today is Monday such a fun day and the first day back to work for most of us. What do you like about Mondays? Here it is a crisp, cool, and windy day. This reminds me that soon it will be May and the beautiful spring flowers will be in full bloom.
On this Monday I would like to share with you some fun random facts, alternatives to things, and some thoughts for the upcoming week.
- I wake up several times a night to watch the baby monitor, and to keep tabs on little Eli who isn’t so little anymore.
- It bothers me so much to hear all the sad news about things going on in our world, and what we can do to make it stop.
- We help shape and mold our children into what we want them to be and how they will end up as adults, so it is important to take that into consideration.
- We set an example for our kids, they are looking up to us, and watching everything we do. So lets make sure we are setting a good example
- Kids are only little once, take time to enjoy the little things with them.
- I have discovered slow mow video on my iphone and it is so incredibly fun.
- I love Kale and when I eat it, it makes my nose itch
- Some things that I don’t have that I would love are a mandolin, and a salad spinner
- House hunting is a lot harder the second time around especially when you aren’t just thinking about the 2 of you. We now have to consider an 18 month old too.
- We went to a birthday party and they didn’t have anything except for soda to drink so we let Eli have a little bit of sprite, and his face was so funny. Also love the funny faces they make when they eat lemons for the first time.
- First steps are so cute, they are so wobbly like little penguins.
- We gave our son a pacifier because it helps prevent SIDS and keeps them from going into a deep sleep. We are now trying to break him of it but its extremely hard.
- Pumpkin carving:
Eli was to little and still will be this year to carve a pumpkin. Luckily there are some other ideas that you can do-
1. You can paint it
2. You can add sitckers to them
3. You can buy the Mr. Potato head kits to decorate them
- Public Schools:
We are lucky here depending on the area to have very good schools or decent schools. Some parents however like us are considering different options for schooling. My husband went to private school and my nieces and nephew are all home-schooled. If you have done either of these I would love to hear more.
2. Charter Schools
3. Private Schools
4. Magnet Schools
5. Christian Private Schools
7. Independent Schools
8. Public School
- Candy at Halloween and Birthday Parties:
Alot of parents are trying to teach children how to eat healthier and are wanting them to stay away from sugar and sweets. I am one of those parents. All things in moderation though. So here are some things you can use in place of sweets and candies are holidays and parties. Some of these things can be used in Easter eggs too. We also have to think about kids who may have allergies too, so this is helpful. Lets face it, kids are going to have so much snacks and cupcakes anyway you wont want them to have the extra sugar. With these fun things they won’t miss it anyway.(More on this in an upcoming blog post)
3. Bracelets or rings
4. Hair ties
9. Toy cars
10. Rubber stamps
11. Silly putty
- Harmful Cleaning Chemicals:
When you have little ones or you are expecting the last thing you want to be doing is using harsh chemicals to clean and sanitize things. This can be dangerous to you, baby, and kids. There are other things you can use that will clean and sanitize without all those awful fumes. You also most likely have these at home.
1. Vinegar and water- Natural disinfectant
2. Peroxide is also a good product to use while cleaning. It also cleans and disinfects
3. Baking soda- Natural odor eliminator. You can spread this on mattresses, flooring, or furniture. Leave on for 15 mins and then vacuum
4. Peroxide and dawn dish soap mixed together makes and awesome stain remover
5. Best bathroom cleaner- Equal parts of vinegar, Dawn dish soap, and water
Don’t get me wrong I love bookstores as well as the next guy, but they can be hard to navigate and pricey. I have found some other options that I love and you can shop at home in your PJS.
1. Usborne Books- This is a great option. Its a online company and you can host a party or find a consultant and order all your books you would need. If you host a party and get a lot of orders you will then intern earn free books too. A great option and a lot of fun
2. Scholastic Book Club- This is usually sent home in the way of a flyer from your child’s school, and they have tons of options for all different ages. You can order online even if you don’t have a child in school and this too is a wonderful and super east option.
3. Book exchanges and swaps- This takes a bit more effort as you have to find people to participate, but it’s just like those mailbox book swaps. You find a group of friends who want to paritivipate and you send them some of your old books, and they send you some of their old ones. You get this maybe once a month and you keep the swap going every month so you always have new books to read.
OK so not a lot of people think about childcare options when looking for someone or a place to watch your children. There are some awesome options out there besides just daycare centers. The price points can be inexpensive to pretty pricey. (Blog post coming
1. In Home Childcare Center
4. Stay at home mom
5. Nanny Share
6. Close Friends or Relatives
8. Head Start
Upcoming Blog Posts to Look Forward to:
I have a little book that I like to jot down ideas, and fill with drafts of posts that I have written. So you will have a ton of them coming, but here are some of my favorites-
1.Things I am loving
2. Favorite Toys
3. Must haves
4. Different Types of Childcare and Nannies- this will be 2 parts
5. A series of Developmental activities
6. Uses for Other things
7. Lots of Reviews
8. Products I recommend
9. Classes and Playdates
10. Breaking the Pacifier- Helpful tips
Well Guys that is it for today. I hope you have enjoyed this post. I look forward to hearing from you. Please tell me more about alternatives you have and anything else you want